100 Reasons to Love Rugby
As MLR celebrates 100 days out from the kickoff to Season Four, fans were asked to share 100 reasons to love rugby. The outpouring of responses from fans showed the excitement for the return of rugby. Without further ado, we present 100 of the fan-submitted reasons to love rugby….
1) I love rugby because it taught me so much about life, responsibility, and leadership. It helped me find who I am and it brought so many wonderful people into my life. The sport has done so much for me, and I’m trying to give back to it and make it a better place for everyone else who plays. – @chuckdittles
2) I love rugby because of the camaraderie and sportsmanship shown on and off the field from each and every team! The sport is so much fun, and the players have my respect and support. – @katdufrene
3) I love rugby because it is a family sport, when the Seawolves rugby fans gather Starfire Sports we are one big family and the players make each and every fan feel special after the match! – @krsheart
4) I love rugby because of the strong connections held within the community and the incredible spirit where everyone leaves it all on the field and are immediate friends as soon as the whistle blows. – @WaltonRitten1
5) Rugby brings the best of camaraderie, teamwork, and creativity between players of all shapes, sizes, and backgrounds. Gave me some of my best high school and college friendships and memories. – @MrWarbasse
6) I love rugby because the sport taught me that I could be active, I could be fit, and that I could belong on a team. Until I joined a rugby club, as a gay person, I had never had a chance to experience those things. – @declarke85
7) I love rugby because it generates an incredible community and camaraderie among both players and fans. This beautiful game is accessible to everyone, big to small, men and women, and every ethnicity and upbringing imaginable. Personally it helped me go from a shy, quiet 9th grader in to the confident, soon to be university student I am today. – @carnovale_dom
8) It gave me a community to grow into and help support. – @lukedreher7
9) I love rugby because it’s a great way for my son and I to bond and spend time together. Creating memories with him that he will remember forever. – @_meyonic
10) Because it’s the smartest game there is. Athletes have to be able to think fast, be strong and effective with physical stamina. Plus the game is quick and super entertaining – and you can find it all around the world all year long! – @mck_mea
11) I love rugby because I watched it transform my son to going from a kid trying to find his way to a mature motivated leader and young man all while also opening my own eyes to the world of comrades who care about each other on and off the field.